This is an awesome recipe for bulking and very clean calories to. The ingredients I’m listing can all be changed for non organic and cheaper cuts of meat.
This will make approximately 4 to 6 servings with each serving containing 66g FATS; 58g CARBS; 53g PROTEIN; 1,059 Calories
- 1.3kg Organic Rib Eye, cut into 5cm pieces
- 2 tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 Organic Onions, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 3 tbsp Buckwheat flour
- 3 Garlic Gloves, finely chopped
- 1 litre Organic Beef Stock
- 3 Organic Carrots
- 2 Organic Celery Sticks, cut into 2.5cm lengths
- 1 tbsp Organic tomato puree
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Handful Thyme
- Handful Rosemary
- 900g Sweet Potatoes, cut into large chunks
- Pink salt and pepper
1. Season the steak. Heat the oil in a large casserole dish over a high heat. When the oils starts to smoke slightly, add in the steak, in batches, stirring frequently, for 5-8 minutes,until well browned. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Reduce the heat to medium,add the onions and cook,stirring occasionally,for 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook,stirring constantly,for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in 225ml of the stock and cook, scraping up all the sediment from the base of the casserole,then stir in the remaining stock and add the carrots,celery,puree,bay leaf, thyme, rosemary and 1 teaspoon of salt. Return steak to casserole.
3. Bring back to a gentle simmer,cover and cook over a low heat for 1 hour. Add the potatoes,re-cover the casserole and simmer for a further 30 mins. Remove the lid, increase the heat to medium and cook,stirring occasionally,for a further 30 mins, or until the meat and vegetables are tender